These tacos are super simple with one advanced technique, but if you embrace the challenge, you’ll come out like a pro with a delicious and beautiful taco your friends will wow over!
Recipe is a per person recipe, so simply multiply for the amount of diners you have.
- 6 Large Raw Shrimp
- 1 TBSP of The Fig & The Knife’s Picasso’s Palate Premium Spice Blend
- 2 TBSP of fresh squeezed grapefruit or orange juice
- ¼ of an grapefruit or orange – supreme slices
- 1 TBSP of Coconut or Olive Oil for cooking
- ¼ each of Yellow, Red & Orange Pepper or Tomato
- ¼ Cup Onion Shoot micro greens or other micro greens of choice
- 3 Taco Flour Tortillas
- In a small bowl place the shrimp, TBSP of citrus juice of choice and season with Picasso’s Palate, set aside.
- Slice peppers into long strips. You’ll only need a few strips per taco, so you can save the rest of pepper for another recipe.
- Time to Supreme! Peel your citrus fruit with a knife, by cutting the top and bottom off. Then place on a cutting board flat side down. With a sharp knife cut away all of the skin/white pith by gliding your knife from top to bottom along the fruit. You will be left with the exposed fruit when done. Next, carefully slide your knife in adjacent to the white membrane and slice towards the center of fruit, careful not to cut through and watch your fingers/hand. Repeat on other side of the membrane for that segment and gently pull out the supreme/segment. Continue through until you’ve pulled out all the segments. Juice the fruit. You’ll have beautiful slices without any tough white membrane. If you are unsure of how to do this, you can look online or book me for a cooking class in the Phoenix area. If this technique is too much for you, simply use the orange/grapefruit segment with as little of the with pith/membrane as possible. Set aside in a bowl.
- Next, heat a grill pan on medium high and when hot add coconut oil (if you don’t have a grill pan, a regular pan will do. You can do this on your grill as well, but you’ll loose the lovely seasoned oil you want for later, you can always make the oil separately if needed)
- Add shrimp and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until cooked/browned then flip and repeat.
- That’s it!!!! Ready to assemble.
- Place 2 shrimp per taco, top with 2 supremes, peppers and onion shoot microgreens. Drizzle the spiced oil from the bottom of the pan over the tacos.
Contact us to stock up on Picasso’s Palate Premium Spice Blend!