Enjoy this Award Winning Taco Throwdown Recipe today!
We submitted this recipe to a Local Taco Throw Down and the results are in. . . WE WON!!! All ingredients were sourced from Phoenix Public Market and will list the vendors, but if you’re not a Phoenix Local, its not a problem, just substitute with your own market favorites! Of course, contact us to order our Tropical Fire Roasted Hot Sauce!! Available in Mild, Medium or Hot!
This insanely easy, but intensely flavored recipe will make you wonder why you don’t make them everyday!
- 1 Medium Russet Potato (from Crooked Sky Farms)
- 1 Small Onion (from Crooked Sky Farms)
- 1 Proper Beast Black Garlic & Honey Sausage Link (from Proper Beast)
- 2 to 3 – 4” pieces of Sangak Bread (from Saffron Jak) or 4″ Tortillas will do
- Green Leaf Lettuce (from Steadfast Farms)
- Tropical Fire Roasted Hot Sauce from (The Fig & The Knife)
- Dice potato into ¼” cubes place on sheet tray
- Dice onion and mix in with potato on sheet try to properly distribute.
- Place 1 Black Garlic & Honey Sausage on top of mound of potato and onion mixture
- Normally, I’d urge you to season your potatoes and onions, but the magic happens when the sausage cooks and releases this wonderful mix of garlic and honey oil and infuses the potatoes and onions. Later we’ll add some finishing sauce. I promise you won’t miss anything!!
- To make the magic happen, roast sausage and vegetables in oven at 400 degrees for 25 minutes until potatoes are golden brown. Stir half way through to start getting the oils on the vegetables. After 25 min, if you need to brown more crank to broil for 5 more.
- While this cooks, take your Sangak bread and cut into 3” or 4” circles. You can do this either with an appropriately sized round pastry cutter, or simply use an upside down bowl and a knife or pizza cutter. Set aside and drool while the smells start filling your kitchen.
- Once all is properly cooked and browned take out and let sausage rest for about 5 minutes before slicing. (You could also pull from casing and crumble if you prefer)
- Place a few pieces on each Sangak tortilla, then a scoop of the potato and onion mix.
- Dress with finely cut green leaf lettuce.
- Then finish it off with a flavor explosion from The Fig & The Knife’s Tropical Fire Roasted Hot Sauce. It’s made with Sweet Fire Roasted Pineapple and Chilis, and is the perfect sweet and spicy compliment to this taco. Enjoy 2 to 3 of them with this recipe.
Click Image below or follow this link to see live page: Phoenix Public Market